Operation Lose Weight

10:47 PM


So, for some time I've been saying I was going to lose weight/get in shape....saying is the operative word there. Little has actually been done to shed any of those pesky lbs.  So, I have vowed to lose at least 30 pounds by our annual trip to the beach in July. I have 22 weeks, which in turn means I just have to lose a little over a pound a week...seriously I should be able to do that right?! I have issues with my thyroid which does make it difficult...but not impossible and I think I've been using it as a mental crutch/excuse to not TRY to lose weight and really set my mind to it, because I was just getting SO frustrated with dieting and working out and not seeing results. Therefore, I'd just give up.

This time around I'm not dieting, I'm just going to eat better and really focus on portion control. The hubs and I are only eating out one night a week, on our date night. I really have been feeling the desire to do this since reading Candace Cameron Bure's book Reshaping It All,  you should really check it out. It's got me super motivated, and has some great suggestions on how to rely on your faith, get/stay fit, and some great recipes that she uses in her own home.

So here's to getting started on what will be a long journey. I'm not planning on stopping at the beach goal weight, it's just a starting point!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images