On Cloth Diapering

6:41 PM

Yes, that's right. We cloth diaper, and we LOVE it!

We knew we wanted to cloth diaper when I was pregnant with out little man and started putting together our stash of diapers, and if I remember back correctly even though registering for them, no one got them for us. We used several gift cards to Target and Babies 'R' US and some good old cold hard cash to get our stash.

The first few weeks after little man was born we used Earth's Best disposable diapers, wasn't a huge fan, and moved onto the Huggies natural diapers and we stuck with those until he fit into our cloth diapers when he was a good eight and a half pounds (when he was back to birth weight). We were so happy to make the switch to cloth diapers!


Our stash consists of 24 diapers. We have a mix of Charlie Banana One Size, SunBaby One Size, and BumGenius Elemental All-in-One/Freestyle All-in-One/One Size diapers. I'd say my favs, while bulky are the BumGenius Elemental All-in-Ones, but honestly I love all of our diapers. We love our Charlie Banana One Size for their trimness, and I love the SunBaby One Size for being trim and organic! We launder them at home, and even ventured into using cloth wipes! 


We didn't go with actual "cloth wipes" that are sold. We just bought soft washcloths and throw them in an empty wipes tub and we're set. I found these phenomenal small spray bottles that hold just the right amount of solution and it doesn't take up much room on the changing table. Plus, it has a quick lock you can engaged and disengage with your thumb for a leak proof way to take the spray on the go! 

It took some time to get into a routine, but we've got it down! I must confess, our little man is QUITE the heavy wetter at night and we gave in a couple months ago to using a good night time disposable for overnights, but will shortly be investing in night time cloth diapers that are great for heavy wetters and for sure will post how it goes. 

So far we're 7 months in and I see us sticking it out until potty training.

Thanks to gift cards our total investment for cloth diapers: $250! And these diapers go up to 35 lbs, woohoo!

Look for a cloth diapering favorites post soon!

With Love,
post signature

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I think cloth diapering is a great idea, and I'm glad that so many moms are into it right now. Keep me posted on how it works as he grows, ups and downs, likes and dislikes, so that I can be prepared when I get one o' them babies of my own.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images