Show and Tell Monday

2:13 PM

We're  linking up with the lovely lady over at From Mrs. to Mama this week for Show and Tell Monday!

1. Tell us what you studied in college. Is your job now related to what you studied?

One of the perks of majoring in nursing in college, you pretty much know your job direction. So, yes! I work as RN on a med/surg/trauma unit.

2. Tell us what your everyday job looks like.

There is no such thing, my job is different every day. Yes, tasks such as passing meds, giving flu shots, and encouraging my patients to get out of bed stay the same, but each day brings different patients and different challenges. Sometimes it's smooth sailing, other times is hell in a hand basket.

3. Do you have a picture of you at work? Show us.

Sorry, no pictures at work! 

4. In 10 years, what do you see yourself doing? Same thing? More? Tell us.

In 10 years, I hope to be a full time stay at home mommy with my kids. I will however ALWAYS maintain my nursing license and keep some sort of per diem job at the hospital. I hope to either have my photography business going full force, or continue with our business opportunity we just started working with energy deregulation working side by side with my husband. Want more info on this just send me a personal message!

5. Tell us what you have learned, and what {if any} recommendations you may have for those looking to go into the field you are in. 

In nursing you NEVER stop learning, and that IS my biggest piece of advice. If you ever think you have learned it all, or don't need to ask people for their opinion or input because you know it all, then stop. Stop being a nurse in that moment. Our field is always evolving and always changing, and every patient is different. Also, make sure you REALLY love doing this. Work is work, especially nursing, so make sure you love it!

With Love,

post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images